Courses and Events (superseded)
Information and booking for courses and events run by Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility
We run a variety of face-to-face and online courses and events covering a diverse range of topics relating to clinical research.
See below for information about our upcoming courses and events and associated booking links.
Please contact us if you have any queries, are unable to find a course you are looking for or you would like to contribute to our programme: education@EdinburghCRF.ed.ac.uk
- Select course or event below
- Use Book Now button to take you to the external ePay booking site
- Use appropriate Book Event option and follow payment instructions (includes if course is free-of-charge)
- Select appropriate attendee category if paying by card
- Use 'Paying by invoice/internal payment transfer' or 'Paying by other method' if paying by invoice or UoE internal transfer:
- Same rates apply (ePay booking must be completed before forwarding PO or internal transfer payment details).
- Note that amount due will show as £0 as you are booking but not paying for the course/event through the ePay website
- We will then request a Purchase Order from you
- Proceed to checkout, where you will be asked to provide delegate information and payment details (where applicable) - this applies also if no fee payable.
Note - For GCP courses only, book by email as detailed in course information. All other course bookings must be made via the external ePay booking site as outlined above.
We regularly offer courses on the range of topics listed below. If you are interested in any of these topics and there is no course listed above, email us at email@example.com, and we will contact you once we have new dates.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list to hear of upcoming courses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helping you to submit a successful NHS Ethics Application
- Stats for the Terrified
- Making Sense of Numbers
- Informed Consent
- Patient and Public Involvement (various courses)
- Copyright and Licensing
- Good Manufacturing Practice
- An Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Bite-size Practical Project Management
- A Realistic Introduction to R
- Research, GDPR and Confidentiality - what you need to know
- Preparing and Conducting a Systematic Review
- Mixed Methods
- There's an SOP for that! A practical guide to Standard Operating Procedures
- Data Management Planning
- An Introduction to Health Economics
- Literature Searching
- GCP for Laboratories
- Using EndNote to manage literature
Please note: we are not for profit: course fees are charged to cover tutor, administration and other costs associated with course delivery.
Industry rates are available for courses on request at: Education@EdinburghCRF.ed.ac.uk